We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I joined Killarney Cat Hospital in 2014. My special area of interest is in veterinary medicine. My favourite thing about the clinic is how it's more of a family environment. I come to work I'm happy and look forward to my day! My first pet was a hamster named Shea. What I love most about my job is that I get be part of something good, even though I only help out with small things like cleaning. I enjoy knowing that my job has a little bit more meaning. I would never know if I liked something until I tried it!
Fun fact about myself is that I have taken the veterinarian summer camp twice with the University of Calgary. I have a two and a half-year-old hamster named Luna, which is the longest living hamster I have ever had! When I was younger, my mother and I were hamster breeders. I have had a passion for the art of veterinary medicine, ever since I could speak and have always wanted to become a veterinarian. I hope to open up a practice, hopefully on Vancouver Island when I'm older. As a hobby, I enjoy musical theatre. I have done a summer camp twice and also for junior high, I attended an art school, where I performed at Vertigo Theatre twice (years 8 & 9) and the Jubilee Auditorium twice (also year 8 & 9.) I am a crazy fun loving person and absolutely love the opportunity that I was given in being able to work here!
This clinic is great! Sometimes my cat can be pretty stubborn but they are able to work with her. I…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403.246.1115. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.