We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I grew up on a farm in a small town in Northwestern Ontario and that was where my love of animals began. We had beef cattle, a Cocker Spaniel and at one point, had 21 barn cats! I had fun naming them and taking care of them. When I was in 4-H in my early teens, we were taken for a tour of a veterinary clinic and after that visit, I decided I wanted to be in the veterinary industry. I worked at that same clinic after high school for 2 years, then I came out to Alberta to attend Olds College and graduated in 2002 with a diploma in Animal Health Technology.
I joined the clinic in July 2017. I had been a locum here since 2016 and I enjoy working with the staff and clientele here, it also is a plus that I live in the area. I love being able to form relationships with clients and care for their pets. My goal is to make clients feel comfortable that I am caring for their pet the same way I would my care for own pet. My favourite thing about the clinic is that the team here is a bunch of awesome people! My first pet was a barn cat named Snowball.
This clinic is great! Sometimes my cat can be pretty stubborn but they are able to work with her. I…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403.246.1115. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.