We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
When I was young, I always wanted to work with animals. While travelling, I had the opportunity to work on a farm with 24 horses and a variety of other animals. That helped me decided to make it a priority to include animals as part of my work. I joined the clinic in November 2017. I enjoy working with people and animals, and this job is the best of both worlds. Being a pet owner myself, I understand the ups and downs an owner can go through and I love being there for the exciting times and can empathize when it's tough. I love that Killarney Cat Hospital is a feline clinic. I have had cats all my life and I love how quirky they are. I love animals in general, but I am more familiar with cats and how they behave. I really enjoy their personalities.
My very first cat was Peewee, he was an extremely mischievous grey tabby. He got into a lot of trouble and at the time I don't think my parents were too fond. Now after many years, he is the most memorable and talked about pet, because he gave us so many good stories (including one about him eating a hole in the Thanksgiving turkey). A couple fun facts about me; I have a background in Technical Theatre, as well I love going axe throwing.
This clinic is great! Sometimes my cat can be pretty stubborn but they are able to work with her. I…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403.246.1115. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.