We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Good preventive health care for your new kitten or adult cat makes a big difference in their lives. The Optimum Care program is designed to reduce the cost of pet ownership by providing routine care to reduce the risk of disease through early detection.
Enrollment Fee: Please give us a call at 403.246.1115 * Additional charges will apply for in heat, cryptorchids, retained deciduous teeth etc. ** Additional charges will apply for extractions
Questions & Answers
Optimum Care is a program of preventive health care plans specifically designed for your cats and dogs. The program takes a group of core services and offers them at a discounted rate. Plan members pay through annual or monthly payments, making budgeting for a pet’s health care needs easier and more convenient.
No. Pet insurance is designed to protect against your pet’s unexpected accidents and illnesses. Our plans provide optimal wellness healthcare for your pet, based on their lifestyle and needs. The plan allows you to spread payments over a 12 month period while providing you with excellent value, special pricing and discounts.
The enrollment fee and first monthly payment are due at the time of sign-up. You just need to read and sign a simple contract and fill out and sign a document that permits the monthly withdrawals from your bank account by debit, or charges to your credit card.
Yes. You can choose to pay for the plan in its entirety (including enrollment fee) at the time you sign up. You will be notified proactively as your plan comes up for renewal. You can continue with the existing plan or a new plan where you can elect to do a lump sum payment for the year again or go to the monthly option if you prefer.
You can change from the Basic to the Enhanced Plan any time during the year – a change from Enhanced to Basic needs to occur at the year anniversary date.
No. The plan will automatically renew on the anniversary date without an enrollment fee. We will contact you approximately 30 days prior to the plan renewal date. Plans that are renewed after 30 days of the previous plan expiring will require the enrollment fee to be applied.
Yes. Our hospital requires appointments so we can provide excellent service to all our clients and patients. For our plan members, you are more than welcome to contact us about “day-stay appointments”, where you leave your pet with us for the day or portion of the day at no additional charge.
Your second pet will receive a 50% discount off the enrollment fee. Any additional pets have no enrollment fee upon signing up for the plans.
In these circumstances, you are welcome to pay the difference between the out-of-plan costs of the services used to date, and the total monthly installments paid.
Losing a pet is very emotional. We understand this and will consider the plan paid in full, with no further payment required.
This clinic is great! Sometimes my cat can be pretty stubborn but they are able to work with her. I…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403.246.1115. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.